Comments (24)

最有帮助的
  • Associate 2inConsulting
Dec 4, 2021 - 2:43am

Tbh with CF (lead advisory) I don't know simple because I think it's relatively small and I can't remember the last time I saw someone who entered it as an analyst. TS is much bigger I believe and they do take more people straight from Uni.

However, I'd say that maybe 1/4-1/5 of my audit class were able to transfer to CF/TS after qualification.

In any case, you could always target regional offices too. Sure you're not Oxford PPE but Bristol management isn't end of world.

Worst case scenario you do 3 years audit, 1-2 years TS then jump as analyst 2 into aMMthen lateral to aBB/EBafter 1-2 years.

Dec 1, 2021 - 8:52pm
nutmegger189, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I'd do Notts = Bristol >> York.

Who cares about ACA exemptions, the ACA is aids and you won't need it if you're not targeting big 4.

Personally I'd do Notts, never heard of that degree from Bristol and ik degree doesn't tend to matter but occasionally people don't take Business degrees seriously in the UK in my opinion except a few places like Bath.

• ProspectinIB-M&A
Dec 4, 2021 - 5:24am

Dec 7, 2021 - 5:43pm
thatapanydude, what's your opinion? Comment below:

As a former York and Notts student. I would definitely recommend Notts, it has a much stronger finance scene than York. However people from both unis do get gigs in finance and consulting - at the top firms too. So York is a decent 2nd choice option.

Dec 7, 2021 - 9:28pm
OneTimeTwoTime, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Bristol easily if you haven't picked. Notts next, then York. In all honesty, never seen anyone go straight from York to a top BB or MM for IB (especially not for business finance) but have seen this from the other two (although still not nearly as common as the full-blown targets). Notts may place slightly better, but Bristol will place better in terms of quality as an all-around better university.

However, If you can get into bristol, why not apply to Warwick which is an actual target? Warwick has the highest offer rate of the 6 targets and likely won't even be harder to get into than Bristol.

• ProspectinIB-M&A
Dec 8, 2021 - 12:28pm

Already applied. Warwick required A*AAMaths as a bare minimum, competitive applications include higher grades.I'd prefer to go to Bristol, just sceptical of the BSc management course with no chance of a year placement. Where does that leave me.Nottingham most likely sends in more due to the size of the university and its population when compared to others. (44,250) students - nearly double Bristol (22,278).

Dec 8, 2021 - 1:01pm
OneTimeTwoTime, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Harum sint aut et autem aspernatur. Totam consequatur quos earum adipisci voluptatibus accusamus et. Omnis laudantium soluta perferendis. Est sunt sit in ipsam. Tempora corporis qui aliquid eos.

Saepe at autem odio eum. Facilis exercitationem recusandae saepe quis optio similique et. Voluptatem sapiente accusamus eaque aut voluptatibus adipisci. Quis dolores rerum necessitatibus eum ipsam. Aut tenetur est laudantium aut magni quia porro. Maiores blanditiis harum impedit adipisci praesentium temporibus libero.

Dolor et minima in dignissimos recusandae. Facere delectus tempora eos explicabo voluptas repudiandae. Et asperiores nam sed assumenda labore unde quia. Dolore natus possimus cupiditate sunt adipisci saepe.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

August 2022万博app网页版

• Jefferies & Company(▲03) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International(= =) 99.2%
  • RBC Capital Markets(▲09) 98.8%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch(▲03) 98.4%
  • Macquarie Group Limited ABN(▲24) 98.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

August 2022万博app网页版

• Jefferies & Company(▲13) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International(▲05) 99.2%