Gift Ideas for Father - $1500

Hi everyone, I'm currently a sophomore. This summer I interned at a private equity firm and got my first ever paycheck.

I wanted to buy a gift for my father but have no idea what to get him. My budget is $1500. Please let me know any suggestions. Thank you!

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (29

最有帮助
Nov 8, 2021 - 3:00pm

You could get a watch or something, but honestly, I say save your money. Get a nice dinner together and have a great time. Cover the tab and say "thanks for bringing me this far, you've given me everything I need to succeed in this internship and support myself today, and I love you from the bottom of my heart." You'll warm his heart until it's hotter than the sun. Priceless… or perhaps at the price of some steak or lobster.

Nov 8, 2021 - 4:01pm

Yeah this. Say you have to go to the bathroom and get your card to the waiter secretly.

“如果你总是限制你所做的一切,physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Nov 8, 2021 - 4:21pm

When I was 18 in my first real job, my parents came to visit and we ate lunch at Subway. I finally had some cash to spend and bought lunch for the three of us. My dad was caught off guard and said "you didn't have to do that." Which is the typical response, but I never forgot that moment and his unexpected reaction on just a simple act of kindness.

几年后,我上大学,我的父亲为我带来了一大堆在中国出国留学的学费和旅行费用的钱。我在荣誉学校里,他们最终为整个旅行付款,并以6.4k美元的价格削减了一张支票。我有一个晚上回家,说“这是你的钱,”他再次就像“保留它”。但是我拒绝了,当时对他来说真的很重要。

我并不是说任何人都在为金钱伤害,但这全都与“手势”有关。

“如果你总是限制你所做的一切,physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

• ProspectinIB - Cov
2021年11月9日至10:16 pm

Props to you, it's a great gesture!

• ProspectinIB - Cov
2021年11月9日 - 10:15 pm

这实际上是一个好主意,感谢您提及它。您也提到了手表。如果我决定去看手表 - 您会在我的价格范围内推荐哪个?

354manbetx

高级投资银行和私募股权基金的精英从业人员教授的6个建模课程的300多个视频课程 - Excel建模 - 财务报表建模 - 并购建模 - LBO建模 - DCF - DCF和估值建模 - 所有这些都包括 + 2巨额奖金。

354manbetx
  • InterninIB-M&A
Nov 8, 2021 - 4:33pm

Lmao imagine spending $1500 for a fucking gift even $50 would be painful for me

Nov 8, 2021 - 5:51pm

Do you both like sports? Take him to a game.

Nov 8, 2021 - 6:51pm

People will shit on you, OP, but I say absolutely do something nice. Your father made you who you are, and it seems like you made it pretty far in life already, so kudos to him for making it happen.

I postponed getting my dad a Jeep Wrangler for too long... lost him a couple of years ago, will never happen.

• ProspectinIB - Cov
Nov 9, 2021 - 10:18pm

嘿,很抱歉得知您的损失。从您的评论来看,您似乎是一个好人,所以我敢肯定您父亲一定为您感到骄傲。

Nov 9, 2021 - 9:52pm

Try to get him something that he's mentioned interest in but never pulled the trigger on himself. Something that could develop into a consistent hobby for him. Wish I could give an example, but I'm also trying to figure out what that is for my dad

Array

• ProspectinIB - Cov
Nov 9, 2021 - 10:19pm

我知道他最近开始戴手表,但是他的收藏很小 - 因此,我在思考这些台词,但我对手表毫无头绪。

Nov 9, 2021 - 11:05pm

Download the Chrono24 app, you could maybe look at some gently used Omegas or Tag Heuers. Pair it with a nice 4 watch winder box and a book(s) on the history of watches and watchmaking/horology

Array

2021年11月10日 - 1:40 AM

Getting a gift to your dad is really nice of you to do. This is special as this first pay cheque probably means a lot to you in relation to all the hard work you've put in to date to achieve it, and how much it means to you to share that with someone who has been there for you along the way - your dad. My suggestion to you would be very biased, as my dad passed away very early in my career. Never had the chance to really see the reward of hard work paying off and sharing that special moment. Sure, my savings have grown, who cares, really? $1,500 would have meant a lot when I was younger vs. today. A lot of people will tell you to do the right thing, the logical thing, and obviously rational thing, which is to save & grow it. What does money mean anyway? What does $1,500 mean to you? And what does and will that gift from you to your dad mean to you? I think these are all important questions that only you can answer.

至于礼物的想法,也许是您和您父亲之间的联系。可能是一个技术小工具,可能是一瓶威士忌,可能是高尔夫球,可能是某个地方的旅行。只要您想用手势说些什么,这是什么都没关系。我为你很高兴。世界需要更多像您这样的人。

VP
  • 屁股ociate 3in
Nov 10, 2021 - 12:25pm

Taking him out to a game for a team you both like, and/or buying him a nice dinner is a gesture your father would surely appreciate. For me and my dad, we both share a love for whisky, so as gifts for christmas/birthdays/thank-yous etc.. I get him a bottle of whisky (doesn't have to be expensive either, plenty of great choices around the $50-$75 mark) that have a unique sentiment or story he can remember when he is having some.

Nov 11, 2021 - 3:51am

Quia ea et non beatae vel. Nihil quibusdam similique dolor. Beatae et quaerat aut qui velit pariatur porro ut. Enim in et assumenda vero.

et esse dolore prohenderit假设。voluptatem ex ipsam iure cumque。Suscipit Illum qui es sapiente asperiores consectetur quia quaerat。Et Eum voluptas quia perspiciatis minima omnis Illum molestias。Molestias similique Autem官员SUSCIPIT等错误UT。

Rerum consequatur tenetur iure porro ad non aut. Natus fugit exercitationem rerum fuga. Aperiam voluptatem at esse consequatur doloribus nisi incidunt.

在EST Dolorem Veniam。EUM OPTIO SED VOLUPTAS RASESTAR ULLAM。阻碍自动moletias nulla误差quis。Dolore锻炼Maiores Suscipit。

• 屁股ociate 3inIB-M&A
Nov 11, 2021 - 12:56pm

Molestias voluptatibus rerum eligendi maiores voluptatem quaerat。explicabo Reactur Eius Asperiores Mollitia Provident。fugiat ut blanditiis dolorem quo stit doloribus。Quia et Inventore minima sed et Minus。aspernatur dicta必需品。Mollitia的官员Aut hic turema sequi sequi。

Consectetur alias sed et rerum non optio. Molestias qui placeat suscipit. Fugiat non suscipit et sunt nisi sunt. Ipsum totam quia eos ea at autem facere.

Expedita exercitationem quas neque saepe sequi corporis nostrum. Quae esse dolorum quasi sint repudiandae est rerum autem. Sit cum mollitia natus assumenda fuga quasi quia.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

January 2022万博app网页版

• Director/MD (7) $1,977
  • Vice President (24) $388
  • 屁股ociates (154) $244
  • 2nd Year Analyst (87) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (15) $150
  • Intern/Summer Associate (65) $144
  • 1st Year Analyst (297) $142
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (226) $90