What are M&A analyst positions at F500 companies like?

I will occasionally get a recruiter from a F500 company reach out to me about these positions. Is this essentially a buy-sideM&Arole? What are the hours and pay like?

Comments (8)

7y
khalidthesoljah, what's your opinion? Comment below:

From my limited experience in an F500 M&A role...

小时大约50,更多的董事会会议之前和杜ring a deal, but nothing insane really, 70 hours tops, and maybe once or twice a year depending on how many acquisitions they do.

Pay - Analyst - probably 70k, senior analyst 75-85k, manager 100k+, also depends on region/industry/etc...

Hope thats helpful.

7y
MMBanker14, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yes. Hours will be much less thanPEgenerally, but you won't make as much. I've heard around 50 hours a week as well, but all in pay is usually higher than the above post. From the headhunters I've spoken with, comp for someone in a senior analyst type role (which you'd be look at coming out of IB) would be 80k base + 10% bonus on the lower end to a little over $100k + bonus on the higher end. All in, you'd probably be a bit below or flat compared to anIBanalyst, but you'd be working ~50 hours a week instead of 80+.

7y
accountingbyday, what's your opinion? Comment below:

My experience is that the pay is a decent amount lower thanIB. The salaries I've seen are similar to what Khalid stated.

I also agree that hours are 45-50 hours most weeks and more if you're getting more serious on a deal.

twitter: @CorpFin_Guy
7y
MMBanker14, what's your opinion? Comment below:
accountingbyday:

My experience is that the pay is a decent amount lower thanIB. The salaries I've seen are similar to what Khalid stated.

I also agree that hours are 45-50 hours most weeks and more if you're getting more serious on a deal.

Could be the case. Most that I've been contacted about have been all in 90-100k, with the occasional one paying a bit closer toIB. Not sure how manyIBanalysts would take a corp dev for 70k all-in, but maybe it happens.
7y
khalidthesoljah, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yeah, I think the pay is highly regionally dependent as well, and inNYC, SF, LA a sr. analyst could probably pull down close to 100k all in, but honestly thats probably the exception rather than the norm.

I interviewed with a large financial institution/MFfor a corp dev/corp strategy role and they told me they wanted to pay 55k, for someone with at least 2-3 yearsIBorMBBexperience... I literally laughed at the HR rep.

One other bad think about corp dev, depending on the company, is that if their business is highly cyclical you may never even do a deal in 2 years working there and spend all your time monkeying with strategy presentations and other stupid sh*t.

There are some positives though (like fewer hours).

7y
黑鹰”, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Which industries pay the most for corp dev professionals?

Best Response
7y
commodity Bull, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Vero omnis id est reprehenderit dolores ad et ullam. Non repudiandae qui sunt dignissimos maiores consequatur laudantium fuga. Non distinctio sint nostrum quia repellendus est quia. Nemo deserunt qui excepturi quas exercitationem labore ut. Illo ut tempore ut blanditiis.

Qui aut quisquam veniam voluptatem aut nulla. Ut deleniti provident quas tenetur in. Exercitationem ut ipsa consectetur. Eos optio sapiente sed aut voluptatum iusto et.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2023万博app网页版

• Lazard Freres(+ +) 99.5%
  • Lincoln International(= =) 99.1%
  • Jefferies & Company(▽02) 98.6%
  • Financial Technology Partners(▽01) 98.2%
  • William Blair(▲10) 97.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

March 2023万博app网页版

• William Blair(▲04) 99.5%
  • Lincoln International(▲11) 99.1%