IB还是UG中的2亿美元PE基金?

I'm in an interesting situation and I was hoping that some of youWSO成员可以伸出援手。

在2017年夏天,我在一个小型PEfund (three employees, $100M fund at the time) after sophomore year. I really enjoyed my time, but due to the fact that I wasn't graduating for two years I re-recruited and landed anSA在inIBin SF. I enjoyed my time there and ultimately signed a return offer before returning to school for senior year.

However, just last week my boss from the smallPEfund called me and asked me to come work for him after I graduate. He said that he is in the process of raising $200M and that I will be his right hand man throughout the process. I would be building investment theses, sourcing deals, and conducting diligence. He said that I will have the chance to invest alongside the fund and get carry. Additionally, he mentioned that promotion opportunities are available.

I'm really not sure what to do about this situation. It feels likeIBis the safer path as I could re-recruit forPEafter two years, but working at thisPE基金可以让我进入拥有巨大增长机会和自主权的公司的一楼。此外,通过与基金和携带的投资尽早获得一些皮肤的机会非常吸引人。

此外,在做出这个决定时,我应该问我的老老板什么问题?这是我一生中的一个巨大转折点,我想确保在做出最终选择之前得到充分了解。

我甚至为考虑这一点而疯狂吗?请告诉我。谢谢。

Comments (11)

2018年12月8日 - 下午3:26
specterross21, 你怎么看?以下评论:

我会接受的。就风险回报而言,这可能是您职业生涯的最高点,即使在冒险中造成的重大损失仍然不会使您回到那么远的位置。最坏的情况是,该基金提高了AUM - >糟糕的表现 - >不筹集另一个基金,您仍然获得了丰富的经验,并且可以轻松地跳到另一个基金毫米PE资金或去B学校。

It also seems like you know what the right answer is, given your summaryy of the situation. I would say take it man, and don't look back. This fund could do very well and your bank account will be comped for it. And hey, maybe in less than a decade, you could be a Partner at a $1B+ fund,

十二月8, 2018 - 5:10pm
Tippytop11, 你怎么看?以下评论:

What bank for ib? Boutique,毫米,BBsize? If anything reputable I'd lean towards the bank and use that as a launching point to a bigger fund or back to the smallPEafter a 1 yr stint.

26百老汇您的幽默感在哪里?
十二月8, 2018 - 5:39pm
Mrharveyspecter, 你怎么看?以下评论:

What is the Managing Partners background? How did the first fund perform? Where is he in the process of raising the 2nd? If he already has the money secured then going to thePE不会是一个坏赌注。潜在的问题是,如果您加入,他将无法筹集另一个基金,而您花了一年的时间没有经验。

IB会更安全,如果这个伴侣足够喜欢您,他可能会在一年后带您回去。

如果尚未筹集资金,我会告诉他您必须做一年的银行业务,您将在第一个奖金或筹集资金后退出。

If he's done with the process of raising, then you have a trickier issue because there's less risk. With $200M in the bank you'll at least have the opportunity to made a few investments and the fund will have at least a few more years to run.

十二月8, 2018 - 6:25pm
SlipperyWhenDry, 你怎么看?以下评论:

His background is multiple years at a well established毫米PE, making it to the VP/Principal level. First fund was raised in 2011 is fully deployed and went 3.0x MoM with a mix of majority and minority investments, so the track record is there.

As for funds raised, he mentioned on the phone that there is $125MM raised from reputable institutional investors, with $75MM still to be raised from previous LPs. I have little doubt that the remaining funds will be raised, and I plan on asking for the offering memorandum or whatever it's called before making any decisions.

Other mentors I have spoken to have also mentioned joining the firm after a year of banking, which I think is a reasonable ask.

At this point I think the decision comes down to long-term commitment. If there will be a Fund III, IV, and V with consistent increases in AUM then it's obviously smart to get in now, but if not then there is more risk.

十二月21, 2018 - 9:09pm
lost_canadian, 你怎么看?以下评论:

确保询问已经签署了多少唱片,他们可能只有一个大个子,也许还有几个很小的LP,这表明将来可能会增加麻烦

最有帮助的
2018年12月8日至8:59 PM
KUF135, 你怎么看?以下评论:

我赞扬您像21/22岁的孩子一样如此成熟。您概述了所有主要的利弊。我认为一年的银行业务为您提供了一些期权价值 - 简历上的“大”名称和一个更广泛的网络 - 无论您将来的道路走到哪里,一切都受益。也就是说,我所有的联系都在PE现在,很早就获得了迅速增长的资金。我个人也在银行做一年。但是,我会在老板的办公室里享用午餐或摇摆,并清楚您有兴趣在一年后加入。您可以将其构架为BBproviding free training, more able to hit the ground running after a year in banking, etc etc.

如果您加入并燃烧基金,那么假设他们有资金并且正在做很多交易,那么您完全可以。您将太少年了,无法达成不良的交易。但是您将有很多“不做什么”交易经验PEfund would value for a mid level hire.

十二月27, 2018 - 6:33pm
Pizz, 你怎么看?以下评论:

是的,总体上是,他直接从本科生中廉价(而不是银行业的一年),如果他们做得好,可以分享

Oct 23, 2021 - 4:11pm
NAMEMYNAME, 你怎么看?以下评论:

ab ratefature qui ipsam vitae nostrum ut voluptatum。Et ea optio除外。Eliquam pariatiandae eum voluptatem dignissimos dolorem。Qui Iusto Rousforce sequi。Et quod voluptatum in at。Mollitia et doloremque ea dolores velit adipisci。Illum neque libero recusandae。

Nisi Dolor molestiae Autem qui。DEBIS ELIGENDI AUT OPTIO SAEPE DOLOR minima Quam。DoLoremque EST IPSA UT。Amet Optio Ex Qui Consectetur Aperiam。减去quae perseis esse emnio omnis。aut et quod quia。Voluptatum Quis Aut Rerum Farrum Pranum。

开始讨论

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2022Private Equity

• 河滨公司 99.5%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.9%
  • 黑石集团 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.8%
  • 阿波罗全球管理 97.3%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2022Private Equity

• 阿尔迪安 99.5%
  • 河滨公司 98.9%