Comments (27)

1y
TheFlyingKiwi, what's your opinion? Comment below:

That sound nearly criminal/slave labor. Will you live in a shoebox? Since it's Dubai, andits aFO, they gotta be able to pay a living wage??

Go all the way

• Analyst 1inIB-M&A
1y

I feel the same but they made it very clear that they can get local talent at that rate. Only reason I'm considering them is because they are a very prominent family office and I think the fact that they invest in all asset classes would be a rich experience.

1y
TheFlyingKiwi, what's your opinion? Comment below:

what is the range of capital you'd be working with? idk your background, but i feel like you can find good ops here in the US... Know your worth, king. Doesn't sound like they'd value you.. If you're bringing US talent, you should be paid at least US wage. No color on the bonus structure either?

Go all the way

• Analyst 2inIB - Cov
1y

a security guard in a third tier us city makes more than that. Absolutely do not take that offer

1y
Dick Steele, what's your opinion? Comment below:

When my family moved to the US, my dad made 26k working in retail. I've never heard of an analyst making 24k. If they're so prominent and the opportunity is so exceptional, you'd think they would pay you at least a livable wage.

• InterninIB-M&A
1y

Lmao, once again an example of the Oil Kings hiring slave labour from India

最有帮助的
  • Associate 1inPE - LBOs
1y

Arabs in Dubai are disgustingly racist and known for using what amounts to slave labor by paying people of your ethnic background (Asian/African/Indian) next to nothing. Don't do it. Fuck those people and their oil money.

• Investment ManagerinHF - Other
1y

That pay is ridiculously low.

Another thing to consider, and this is a generalization from people I know with close contacts there, is that the structures at the firms tend to be extremely hierarchical. The development opportunities are limited, you speak when it is your turn, you do the tasks you are asked, you don't have a voice until you become more senior and that rarely happens with people outside the inner circle. So you are risking a lot in terms of career growth.

• Analyst 1inIB-M&A
1y

...they literally own a country

1y
Squalus, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I live and work in Dubai, and the salary that you're quoting seems very very low.

As a benchmark, an incoming analyst forIB/PE/VCcould expect around 18k-25k AED a month, with certain outliers paying higher than that.

• ConsultantinConsulting
1y

Sounds like they're trying to take advantage of you. Would not recommend. I also think you may be overestimating how many doors this will open for you in the future, but I'm not in this space so I can't say too much.

1y
QuiltEmerson, what's your opinion? Comment below:

When I first read the title, I thought you were asking if 24k USD in rent in Dubai would be low. And my answer to that would be yes. It won't get you far in Dubai. The thought of someone living on 24k USD is appalling. Decline the offer and look for something else.

For reference, my dad used to work in Dubai and the housing allowance was c. 6-8k USD/month for the expats.

I don't know... Yeah. Almost definitely yes.

1y
BigKahunaBanker, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Voluptas deleniti quis ea quis neque. Eos quia qui accusamus eaque reiciendis sed. Commodi corrupti omnis natus nostrum hic aperiam in. Natus beatae et aut nostrum itaque laudantium nihil. Quasi fugiat doloremque veniam molestiae asperiores eum fugit est. Nulla perferendis eos consequatur eaque in. In minima enim dolore laborum esse placeat.

...and the Truth shall set you free
Start Discussion

Popular ContentSee all

SF vs. Boston
+64 PE byAnalyst 1 in IB - Gen
Path to 8 Figure Wealth
+42 PE byIntern in CB
How Technical is MF PE?
+41 PE byAnalyst 1 in IB-M&A
PE > Corp Dev
+26 PE byAssociate 3 in PE - LBOs
Location, Life, and Buyside