The Infamous 400 Questions Guide

我知道每个人都使用本指南为面试做准备IB,,,,but are there any other guides that are just as helpful for interviews? I've only been using the 400 questions, is that enough?

Comments (24

七月6, 2021 - 4:01pm
Paulo_Dybala,,,,what's your opinion? Comment below:

Depends on what bank. Its helpful to also use each of theBIWS指南(不是400q-单个指南)和他们在每个部分中的视频(会计,DCF/valuation,evand EQV,,,,M&A, andLBO)。

七月7,,,,2021 - 5:40pm
targetfortobin,,,,what's your opinion? Comment below:

Read Investment Banking by R&P it will help you actually understand the topics and then look at the guide. This will help you remember the answers and be able to answer different variations of the standard questions that are essentially the same but require a little critical thinking. I think it's pretty obvious who has memorized the guide and who actually has a decent enough understanding of the fundamentals to think through a unique question. Good Luck!

• ProspectIB- gen
七月7,,,,2021 - 7:18pm

我强烈同意。我读了R&P,并记下了笔记,并且有一个很好的概念理解。到目前为止,切勿阅读指南,也没有在技术访谈中受到挑战。

7月7日,2021 - 8:39 pm
Patagonia_Monkey,,,,what's your opinion? Comment below:

PurchaseWSP's Red Book. Helped me a lot

SR
7月7日,2021年-10:17 pm
targetfortobin,,,,what's your opinion? Comment below:

I found a free pdf of this with a quick Google search save yourself the $ but definitely check this out

• InternIB- gen
7月7日,2021年 - 11:15 pm

去年使用了400Q指南。足以让我度过最后一轮BB/EBs

The latest BIWS guides seem to get into a little too much detail or obsess over minor topics that's hardly ever used or asked in entry level positions/interviews. (topics such as how to treat Op. lease and how metrics are all broken because of that, relative value contribution in Merger Model, etc.)

• ProspectIB-M&A
7月7日,2021年 - 11:37 pm

I felt like I've needed more than just the 400 Q guide tbh

七月7,,,,2021 - 11:30pm
m0nkeyc-m0nkeyd0,,,,what's your opinion? Comment below:

IBVine- 包括400qs和非指南问题。还包括有关的问题PE,,,,FIG,,,,RX

• ProspectIB-M&A
7月7日,2021年 - 11:38 pm

这很适合自己进行审问,但我觉得BIW的个人指南实际上是有帮助的。而且这也不是教科书

七月8, 2021 - 2:16am
m0nkeyc-m0nkeyd0,,,,what's your opinion? Comment below:

IBVine already includes most, if not all, the technicals from 400 Qs for both basic and advanced. But if you're looking for strictly a PDF file, BIWS section-specific guides and Red Book should keep you busy for quite a while. Also guides from target schools

• Associate 3IB-M&A
9月15日,2021年 - 9:01 AM

If you're a finance major and are taking finance valuation classes (basicLBO,,,,DCF,等)和至少2个学期的会计学期,直到招募热门歌曲时,您可能还可以使用400 + Google Google的技术 +其他任何免费指南。

R&P is great for an econ major but I think anyone who has already had a lot of hours spent learning finance is better off using that time for networking or perfecting behaviorals

• Analyst 1IB- Cov
9月15日,2021年 - 10:33 AM

Anyone have any good references for more advanced questions?

For example - in an interview (full-time position when I was in college) I got asked something like this:

“您可以使用哪种快捷方式来确定收购恰好收益为0 EPS积聚的最佳债务成本?”

There had been a couple of questions before testing whether I understood high level merger math (calculating approx. EPS based on an all-stock deal, knowing when you can use the P/E rule etc.)

I then got asked the above. I clarified whether it was all-stock or there was cash involved, to which they said it would not matter regardless of the funding split.

Can't remember my exact thought process leading up to the answer, but I said something along the lines of:

“如果这是全股,您将确保投标人的p/e与目标的p/e匹配,以免产生积聚/稀释。另外,请注意P/E的倒数(即倒数;收益收益率)是衡量股本成本的衡量标准。为了确保零积累,您将债务成本设置为这种股本水平。”

I may have explained slightly incorrectly, but according to the interviewers that was the correct answer. Anyone know techs of that level which require a bit more thinking from the original guide questions?

• ProspectIB- gen
Feb 3, 2022 - 7:55am

Molestiae dolorum et libero est qui ut provident. Accusantium itaque voluptatibus vitae. Vitae rem molestias vel ut et enim. Corrupti odio voluptates reprehenderit et natus.

Mollitia tempore et ea tempore。Mollitia Quod Dolorem等。锻炼Quis Beatae Harum et Aut练习。Illo EOS adipisci voluptatem laudantium quasi cupidaters tempore。

Start Discussion

职业Advancement Opportunities

2022年7月万博app网页版

• Jefferies & Company((▲03 99.6%
  • 林肯国际((= = 99.2%
  • RBC Capital Markets((▲07 98.8%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch((▲01 98.4%
  • Houlihan Lokey((▲06 98.0%

总体员工满意度

2022年7月万博app网页版

• 林肯国际((▲06 99.6%
  • Jefferies & Company((▲11 99.2%