Top Tech PE shops in 2022?

My search function is not bringing up much when it comes to the current landscape of TechPEfirms. What does the current market look like in terms of firms with best comp, hours, prestige etc? Which are best for fintech, software, or tech hardware? Which are set up best for the next decade in your opinions? Thanks for the help!

Comments (24)

最有帮助的
  • Associate 2inPE - LBOs
Mar 11, 2022 - 3:46pm

All around (incl media and hardware)silver lake

tb and vista still kings of enterprise SaaS

francisco is great UMMPE

insight does growthy stuff and some buyouts

GA and TA still good for growth buyouts but the latter has particularly diversified

lots of UMMs have software/tech teams like Berkshire or MDP

siris is goodMMtech inNYC

TPG growth is growth buyouts,KKRNGTis more insight-like, Bain has their growth arm, I'm sure there are a few more of these

Permira is a savvy software investor

I think Genstar does a lot of software too

• Analyst 1inIB - Cov
Mar 11, 2022 - 4:44pm

This is a great list. Agreed thatThoma Bravoand Vista are still kings of enterprise SaaS buyouts.

If you're more into growth equity in the enterprise SaaS space, I'dactually consider JMI Equityto be top tier and a place to learn a lot. Raising a $2bn+ Fund X and they exclusively do enterprise SaaS growth deals. Hard to find another place that exclusively focuses on software at that scale.

There are some new funds that are bound to make it big in softwarePEas well. Crosspoint Capital, Golden Gate's software team spinning out, etc

• Associate 2inPE - LBOs
Mar 11, 2022 - 5:50pm

JMI is a good add and Crosspoint is a good add... will say that.

That reminds me of Vector doing more distressed tech. Then there's ICONIQ forlate stage venture capitaltype tech. But that opens up a whole shoebox of the Dragoneer, Altimeters of the world then you start bleeding into venture so won't start there.

Then in the smaller size often still buyouts you have the Level Equity and Silversmiths of the world. Rubicon TP in Boulder. You have Spectrum although that's more growth than growth buyouts I think. Mainsail is growth buyouts, they're more Level-y or Silversmith-y.

Mar 13, 2022 - 10:02pm
wsota01, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Advent tech team has strong performance and small team with a bunch of smart people. Shown an ability to do a combination of buyouts and a few successful early growth checks. H&F I would put a tier below Advent -- they do big tech deals, but wouldn't put them in a top 5 list -- feels more likePEguys trying to do tech IMO. TPG no opinions.

• Associate 1inPE - Growth
Mar 12, 2022 - 7:48pm

Heard performance has been solid, and good friend there has nice WLB - seems like normally logging off at a reasonable time and likes their team (but ofc cranks during live deal - same as anywhere). Heard they will promote through to VP w/o b-school which is a big plus for me too (but also have benefit of TPG->HBS pipeline if u wanna go). Have been thinking about trying to lateral there bc seems pretty great. My hunch based on comments duringIPOis that it's a priority to further build out growth platform now that they're public.

• Associate 1inPE - LBOs
Mar 13, 2022 - 5:51am

They're public, you can literally look it up very easily

VC
Mar 12, 2022 - 9:20pm
I'm Sourcing, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I know I'm going to get shit for this, but I would caution Vista, at least in the short term. I'm sure the junior experience will not change materially but feels like pretty significant risks outstanding

• Associate 2inPE - LBOs
Mar 12, 2022 - 9:53pm

Less disciplined on value these days

Mar 13, 2022 - 11:55am
FIG newton, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I wonder if they have their first loss this year as multiple compression in public markets trickles down

• Analyst 1inIB - Gen
Mar 12, 2022 - 10:11pm

Corrupti veniam iste non in reiciendis quibusdam. Eveniet quia beatae in perferendis qui tenetur nobis cumque. Soluta dolor placeat vitae nihil. Id voluptas nemo dolor sed. Corrupti error et illum doloremque nostrum eos. Voluptas deserunt dolor voluptatibus nihil dolores sed. Sed sed et maxime sint est esse doloremque.

Consequuntur aut quo qui. Sed dolores voluptas iusto. Vel et nobis amet quaerat.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2022Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.4%
  • Apollo Global Management 98.8%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.3%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.7%
  • Blackstone Group 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2022Private Equity

• Blackstone Group 99.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.8%